Wednesday 11 September 2013

MUMMY'S MAGICAL TOMATO SAUCE

This is one of my favourites and I particularly like how it stains my face and lips red and is especially effective on white paintwork.


Yum yum in my tum
1 tin organic tomatoes
1 chopped onion
3 cloves chopped garlic
1 peeled and grated apple
4 peeled and grated carrots
1 pinch paprika
1 pinch oregano
3 grinds black pepper
Splash olive oil

Fry onions and garlic until clear then add apple and carrot and fry for 10 mins.  Stir in oregano and paprika and pepper and add tomatoes. Cover and simmer for 1/2 hour, stirring occasionally.
This was so delicious I fell asleep in it
Mummy adds a tin of cannelloni beans to make me believe that this is better than Heinz or she puts with whole wheat pasta or with mashed potato or with bulgur wheat or anything else she has to hand.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Joe loves to get post (and presents) and post