Sunday 8 May 2016

Marvellous Moustiers Sainte Marie and Gorgeous Gorge de Verdon

My favourite waste of time
So we stopped in this aire below a village on a cliff and across the gorge was a chain with a gold star in the middle.  I spent ages explaining how it got there.  We climbed to the top of the gorge.


View from the top
And there was a really beutiful chapel there with my mate in it.  Mama said it nearly made her believe in God.
Upto the chapel
The next day Mama found a hike for us to go on and we walked and walked and walked.  I skipped a lot of the way. 

The walk
We could see a huge lake in the distance and there was a big rustling in the bushes which Mama said was wild boar and daddy said deer and I said bear.
Don't jump
We got to the very top and I ate pistachio nuts.        

The top
Mama said she would take us for a fancy meal when we got back so we went in this restaurant overlooking the gorge which was all tinkly glasses and white cloths. Daddy could see a snake in the water below.  When the waiter came over to ask what we wanted to drink Mama said un kir and daddy said une biere and I said an agua con gaz and then I did a little buff.  Mama and I ignored it but when the waiter left I said he could bring the agua and I would add the gaz.  And then we all rolled about laughing for about an hour.
Pudding
The food was very nice.  I am a big fan of tapenade.  The black one.   The town is great.  There are loads of fountains for me to play in.  Mama and Daddy love it here too.
The town
We spent a few days here and then left to drive round the gorge.  Gosh it was cold.  It was high too. Mama says it is Europe's largest canyon.
The gorge
I noticed that Mama didn't go too close.
A long way down
The water was this amazing green colour and we saw an eagle.
More view
Daddy parked the van up and we walked part way down but didn't get to the bottom.
Our lunch view
Daddy said it was some of the best scenery he has seen which is big stuff coming from Daddy.

1 comment:

  1. How exciting!!! Eagles and gorges - SO much to see and to learn about. Thank you for sharing and showing us all these lovely things - us poor people stuck in the South of France. (Bubbly water does that to me too, but shhhhhh!)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Joe loves to get post (and presents) and post