Saturday 13 June 2015

Fabulous Figueras

I got fed up after we left France so Mama and Daddy decided to stop for lunch in Figueras.  Daddy just parked up on the street.  It was very hot.  We went for a walk around the town and found a really nice church.  I like to shout Look Mama whenever we go in a church and Mama says shush and rushes me out again.
Church in Figueras
Mama found out that there was a Dali museum in Figueras and it was just shutting as we tried to get in so we decided to stay the night here so that we could visit the next day.
Sure as eggs are eggs
They made me walk to the top of a very long hill to see the castle because there was a view over Roses and we could see the sea.  It was windy and it messed my hair up.
View from Castle
The next day, Mama was up at the crack of dawn dragging us all to the museum.
A taste of whats to come
I have to say that I enjoyed it.  Daddy said he wished we could have come back again later in the day and I think that was a good idea because I started to fall asleep and Mama still wanted to look.
Me and the ladies
They had lots of exciting things though.
A boat in the sky
And noone minded me touching and chatting.  There was none of that shushing business going on.
Nice roof

Nice picture
When we came out I had ice cream again.  Mama liked the town so much we stayed another night.  Parked on the side of the road like the bin wagon.
A statue

1 comment:

  1. I remember Figueras and Rosas, Junior. Had a wonderful time there in 1981 (I lived outside Barcelona.for six months.). Never got to see Dalí, though.

    Lots of love,
    guj

    ReplyDelete

Joe loves to get post (and presents) and post