Monday 7 March 2016

Swimming, Grandads, Hair and Belts.


 Mama thought it a good idea that I have some swimming lessons.  She thought I should mix with some Spanish children.  I love swimming and daddy wanted to take me.  She signed me up for 2 lessons a week for 2 months at the local municipal pool.  Mama said it would have been easier to get an American green card than to get swimming lessons.  But she did and I loved it.  At first.  Then the swimming instructor dropped me in the water.  Daddy said she was teaching me to dive but I think she was teaching me to drown.  Daddy said all the other children liked it.  But I didn't and I told them so.  I told everyone so.  And I wanted to leave and when I left I didn't want to go back again.
Daddy trying to get me to jump
Mama and daddy did a lot of bribing but I refused.  I said I would only go back if they told the teacher that I did not want to dive.  And so they did.  And I went. And I loved it. And after a few weeks I dived.  All by myself.  And now I can swim.

 Granddad Geoffers came.  I was glad because I seriously missed Lollo and Nanny.  We took him to Malaga and Mijas.
Market Malaga
 And he dug me motorboats on the beach and I sat in them.
Making a motorboat
 And I sat on his shoulders.
Riding Granddad
 And then we sat on a donkey.
Riding a donkey
Then Mama took me to have my hair straightened out as she had cut it wonky and the man in the barbers cut it all off even though I told him I didn't want it too short.  But I sat nearly quite still for him instead of wriggling for Mama.

Mind my ear
 And then we went to this fabulous belt maker in Fuengirola to have a belt made for granddad. http://www.casamadeira.es/en The man there is really nice. He calls me a funny guy.  He gave me my very own belt. 
Me and my belt
Mama said that with my haircut and my belt I looked so grown up I would very soon be standing for Parliament.  So she buried me in the sand.
Up to my neck in it
Not too grown up now she said.



1 comment:

  1. YOU CAN SWIM???? We're SO proud of you. Well done, Joey! But tell mama that I miss your lovely curls and your long hair - it suited you so well but then, mamas and daddies know best, I guess! Please give them our love and we sent you as many kisses that can fill the Mediterranean Sea! Tati and Ton ton xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Joe loves to get post (and presents) and post