Sunday 11 January 2015

The Three Kings

Waiting
 Small Car Big Dog told Mama that there was a big parade in Altea on the 5th of January.  So we went.  They said it was called the three kings.  We waited and waited and waited.  All of a sudden there was a huge blow up elephant.  Daddy said it was the biggest inflatable he had ever seen.  Mama said she wasn't so sure.
A big inflatable
 And then there was a renesorius.  A really big one.  And a tiger.  And a marching band with some great drumming which made me dance.  In the street.
A Renesorius
 There were balloons and girls with balloons and boys with balloons and more balloons.  And men playing pipes and men dressed in tights. 
Balloons
 And then there was a man walking on a ball in a tall hat.  Mama said she bet she could do that and daddy said 'Rubbish'.
A man on a ball
 Just as I was wondering what this had to do with the three kings.  Along they came.  With lots of girls throwing sweets at me.  I collected a big bag full but try as I might, I can't find them anywhere. 
One King
 But best of all.  After the tigers and elephants and the man on a ball and the girls throwing sweets was an ambulance.  With the lights flashing.  I couldn't believe my luck.
The best bit
 Mama bought a three kings cake and it had a bean in it and a porcelain king.  I nearly choked on it.
Mama's little king

No comments:

Post a Comment

Joe loves to get post (and presents) and post